[MCOH-EH] TB policy

wendy thanassi wendy.thanassi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:59:33 PST 2023

Hello Darryl,

I agree with Melanie that MCOH is a great resource!
Being familiar with the CDC guidance and ACOEM's more in-depth Guidance
document can form the solid foundation for the background and policy
knowledge needed, as well as the really practical nuances needed for
writing a modern plan:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6819a3.htm
"Tuberculosis Screening, Testing, and Treatment of U.S. Health Care
Personnel: Recommendations from the National Tuberculosis Controllers
Association and CDC, 2019"
and
https://acoem.org/acoem/media/PDF-Library/Publications/Tuberculosis_Screening,_Testing,_and_Treatment.pdf
"Tuberculosis Screening, Testing, and Treatment of US Health Care Personnel
ACOEM and NTCA Joint Task Force on Implementation of the 2019 MMWR
Recommendations"

Importantly, the nearly invisible tiny links to the appendices are KEY
elements of this document, with examples of declination forms and very
helpful charts and tables.

I hope that helps,
Wendy

Wendy Thanassi MA, MD, MRO