[MCOH-EH] TB testing (TST): tuberculin skin testing

Smith, Kevin kmsmith at phoebehealth.com
Fri Mar 22 08:57:10 PDT 2024

Interesting case.

First step, if not already done, would be to see if you can have a discussion with the employee to see if you can ascertain the reason for refusal, and if so, whether you can reason with them to overcome their reluctance.

If not successful in this effort, then it boils down to an HR issue, governed by your state regulations and facility policy on testing requirements. CDC of course recommends testing on hire, but ultimately your state regulations and facility policy govern implementation.

Good luck and best wishes!

Kevin M. Smith, MD, MPH, FACOEM
Medical Director
Phoebe Corporate Health