[MCOH-EH] Policy Change and Vaccine Status

David S. Cockrum David.S.Cockrum at hitchcock.org
Fri May 3 08:30:05 PDT 2024

Question for my peers-

Does your program ask employees to update their vaccine status when a hospital policy change impacts their immune status?

Our case: EE onboarded 2015, at that time our policy allowed a verbal report by the employee of past chicken pox (though CDC guidance specified a lab or provider verified diagnosis). Our policy since been updated, though we currently don't even accepted the provider reported history (I may change that part!).

This EE's record was reviewed as part of a routine record review process to help ensure overall program compliance. The lack of proper varicella immunity according to current policy was noted. We are now asking him to get a titer to confirm his immune status (vaccine status not available). For reasons that are not clear, he is refusing because it's "invasive."

Does your program routinely require updating this kind of employee health history status when internal policy changes occur?

Thanks,

David

David S. Cockrum, MD, MPH
He/Him/His
Medical Director & Section Chief
Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Department of Medicine
Tel (603) 653-3881 | Fax (603) 650-0930
Dartmouth-Health.org

Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
[cid:image001.png at 01DA9D4B.DC535DD0]<https://www.dartmouth-health.org/>     [cid:image002.png at 01DA9D4B.DC535DD0]

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.