This is a great opportunity for an experienced NP or PA. Please excuse the cross posting.
James Garb, MD FACOEM
Medical Director, Occupational Health Services
Cape Cod Healthcare
Cape Cod Healthcare is currently seeking a dedicated Director of Occupational Health Services to join our team. This position is 80% administrative and 20% clinical, and the incumbent will work closely with the Medical Director of Occupational Health Services for Cape Cod Healthcare and a talented departmental leadership team.
Based in Hyannis, MA, Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for Cape Cod residents and visitors. With more than 450 physicians, 4,700 employees and 1,100 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare operates two acute care hospitals, the Cape’s leading provider of home care and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, an assisted living facility, the Cape’s only local laboratory service, and numerous health clinics and programs. Cape Cod Healthcare offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
With extraordinary recreational opportunities and abundant natural beauty and cultural offerings, Cape Cod is a wonderful place to live and work. It is situated 90 minutes from Boston and Providence RI.
CAPE COD HEALTHCARE
TITLE: Director of Occupational Health Services
DEPT: Occupational Health Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Human Resources
The Director of Occupational Health Services is accountable for the provision, coordination, and administration of all Occupational Health Services (OHS) provided to Cape Cod Healthcare (CCHC) employees and volunteers, and other healthcare workers working within CCHC, and for Integrated Disability Management (IDM), which provides oversight and administration of the following programs: Workers’ Compensation, Family Medical Leave (FML), Short-term Disability (STD), Long-term Disability (LTD), and Contract Leaves.
The Director is responsible for making a significant contribution to the articulation, development and execution of effective policies, programs and strategies to maximize the occupational health, safety and wellness of the CCHC workforce.
· Develops, reviews, and administers all OHS and IDM programs, policies and protocols for the CCHC workforce; translates CCHC priorities and objectives into concrete short- and long-term directions, plans and objectives for the department.
· Develops effective, collaborative relationships throughout all CCHC entities and serves as a consultant to them in relation to OHS and IDM.
· Develops and maintains a system-wide Blood & Body Fluid Exposure Program, including HIV Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), for occupational blood borne pathogen exposures.
· Provides consultation to Human Resources staff, managers, and administrators regarding OHS and IDM issues including injury and exposure prevention strategies, fitness for duty, job accommodations, and health surveillance requirements.
· Assists managers throughout all CCHC entities in complying with OHS and IDM related requirements and guidelines from regulatory agencies including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), MA Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Joint Commission (JC).
· Participates in various hospital and CCHC committees and task forces to promote and develop programs and initiatives related to OHS, IDM, and wellness. Works collaboratively with Infection Prevention, Safety Officers, Human Resources, Risk Management, Quality Management, and others to develop joint initiatives.
· Collects and analyzes data and reports outcome measures to Senior Management, hospital, and CCHC committees, and external regulatory agencies when required. Outcome measures include, but are not limited to, blood and body substance exposures (DPH), Tb surveillance (JC), respirator fit testing (OSHA), and influenza vaccination program compliance (JC, DPH, CMS).
· Provides effective leadership, motivation and development of assigned staff, including clinical oversight of the OHS nursing staff. Evaluates performance of assigned staff and develops plans to enhance performance.
· Identifies and reviews the OHS and IDM information system needs and makes recommendations to Senior Management when necessary.
· Keeps abreast of new and emerging guidance and regulations that govern OHS and IDM.
· Develops, prepares and manages the budgets for OHS and IDM to ensure adequate resources are available for optimum functioning of services and operations; ensures that expenses remain within budgetary limitations.
· Fosters teamwork and organizational structures to improve communication and simplify operations; establishes and continually improves work processes, leveraging technology and automation as appropriate.
· Travels between facilities as needed for work purposes.
· Perform all other duties as assigned, from time to time, by the supervisor.