[CASL-L] New Ideas and FREE Professional Development with BookFlix

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 19 10:51:57 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Scholastic <scholasticcustomersupport at emailer.scholastic.com>
To: Irene Kwidzinski <kwidz at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Fri, February 17, 2012 3:01:47 PM
Subject: New Ideas and FREE Professional Development with BookFlix

 @Scholastic

   Having trouble viewing this email?

  Activities and Ideas for BookFlix Subscribers February 2012
Celebrate Presidents’ Day with BookFlix

On February 20th children and adults around the United States will celebrate
Presidents’ Day.  Here are a few ideas on how to use BookFlix to teach children
about our past presidents and why we honor them every year:

	* Use the pair So You Want to Be President? and George Washington to introduce
children to the role of the President.
	* Ask children if they would ever want to be president.  Have them explain why
or why not.
	* Talk with the group about qualities that make a good leader, such as honest,
hard-working, and thoughtful.  Keep a record of these traits on a colorful
poster.
	* Have each child create an illustration that captures an important moment in
George Washington’s life that they learned about while reading George
Washington.
For additional Presidents’ Day activities check out the BookFlix pair Just a Few
Words, Mr. Lincoln and Abraham Lincoln.

 Listen, interact, and exchange ideas with leading experts to ensure that your
classroom and community are at the forefront of research-based and
standards-aligned practice in 2012. Enroll now!

Wednesday, February 29th 2012
4:00pm EST
Register Now!

Tuesday, March 20th 2012
4:00pm EST
Register Now!

Wednesday, April 25th 2012
4:00pm EST
Register Now!

This series is sponsored by Scholastic's Big Day for PreK. All training will be
delivered over the Internet. You must have access to a computer with Internet
access and a telephone to participate.

   Visit Scholastic.com For Teachers | For Parents | For Kids

Please add scholasticcustomersupport at emailer.scholastic.com to your address
book.

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message from Scholastic BookFlix.
Your email address is: kwidz at sbcglobal.net.
If you would rather not receive newsletters from Scholastic BookFlix, please
follow this link.

Email Marketing, Scholastic, 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 | 1-800-SCHOLASTIC

Privacy Policy | Scholastic Inc. | Terms of Use

©1996-2012 Scholastic Inc.