[CASL-L] Webinar: Homework Help with iCONN (May 31st) AND Webinar: PowerSearch & the Reference Desk (June 1st)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Wed May 16 10:49:08 PDT 2012

Two FREE iCONN webinars have been scheduled for May 31st and June 1st 2012. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

iConn Webinar: Homework Help with iCONN - May 31st (Online),  3:00 - 4:00 p.m. (FREE)

This webinar focuses on Gale's homework helper resources. We'll use actual school assignments to explore the In Context resources (Science, U.S. History, World History, Biography), perfect for middle and high school students. We'll also take a look at Kids InfoBits for elementary age students. We'll also take a quick look at Testing and Education Reference Center for students preparing for college and careers.

 iCONN Webinar: PowerSearch and the Reference Desk - June 1st (Online), 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (FREE)

Gale's PowerSearch and the Reference Desk - a match like peanut butter and jelly! Tune into this one hour webinar to learn more about integrating PowerSearch into your work at the reference desk and elsewhere in the library. We'll discover how to answer common reference questions as well as how PowerSearch can help with collection development and your own professional development. Do you know how to set up search alerts to automatically let you know when content you want has been added to PowerSearch? Well, you will after this webinar - join us!