[CASL-L] Fwd: eBook Bill SB 148 - We need you to testify or submit written testimony!

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Fri Feb 16 10:05:49 PST 2024

Please excuse the duplicate posting.

Good afternoon!

CASL has been working closely with the CT Library Association and the CLC
on legislative issues this year.

Yesterday the Library ebook bill was assigned a bill number, SB 148,  and a
public hearing! *This is extremely  important for both public and school
libraries in Connecticut. *

The Planning and Development Committee will hear public testimony on the
bill on Wednesday, February 21 at 1:30pm.  Here is the agenda
<https://www.cga.ct.gov/2024/PDdata/pha/pdf/2024pha00221-R001330PD-pha.pdf>.
On the agenda, you’ll see a link to sign up to testify or to submit written
testimony.  The hearing can be viewed from there as well.

We are asking CASL members to testify or submit written testimony to help
get this bill passed. If you are not sure what to say, let me know. I will
have a model to use sometime tomorrow (Saturday).

The Planning and Development bill number is SB 148 and it is available here
<https://cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&bill_num=SB-148>
.

We believe that the Government Administration and Elections Committee will
also introduce a similar ebooks bill.  That has not happened yet, but if it
does, we will communicate that too.

Sincerely,

Jenny