[CASL-L] Want a Mentor? Want to BE a Mentor? Now is the time! Apply before 2/29!

Amanda Stern astern at ctlibrarians.org
Wed Feb 21 12:49:39 PST 2024

Have you been thinking it's time for you to get a mentor to help you get to the next level in your career?
Is it time for you to pass on some of your knowledge and experience to newer librarians?
Consider participating in the CLA Mentoring Program.
The application period is now open and runs through February 29.
Here's what participants are saying about the CLA Mentoring Program:
"I found the Mentor Program to be extremely enriching and fulfilling. I helped me to hone my advice and knowledge of the library job market. I really enjoy making connections with people and helping them be the best that they can be. My mentee was inspiring and made me realize how glad I am that I'm a librarian!"

 "The CLA Mentor Program has exceeded all expectations. My mentor has provided such relevant professional guidance from leadership and management advice to job search and interview tips. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and connection!"
 "I have found so much satisfaction in helping a new librarian achieve her career goals. I love that my mentee is flourishing but I also believe that this experience has been jut as enriching for me as a mentor."

 "I'm thrilled to be able to give back to the library profession. It's very rewarding to have my experiences in the field, both positive and negative, be useful to the next generation of librarians!"
"The support and guidance this mentor program has offered me as I have been navigating through my first year as a Children's Librarian is invaluable!"
 Here's how to Participate:
 The application process is easy:

  1.  Visit the CLA website<https://ctlibraryassociation.org/mentoring> to access the application forms.
  2.  Provide thoughtful answers on your application. The more information you give us, the better we can make your match!
  3.  If you are not a current CLA member, fill out your membership application too! Participation in this program is a CLA member benefit and first time membership is just $25!
 That's it!
 Your match will be hand selected for you by the CLA Mentoring Program chairs based on the information you provide in your application.
 Applications for mentees are due by February 29. You will be matched for an April 1 program start.
Applications for mentors are taken on a rolling basis. If you have already participated as a mentor, there's no need to apply again. We'll be reaching out to you to see if you are interested in continuing your participation with a new mentee.
 Have questions?
 You can contact Beth Crowley<mailto:bcrowley at cheshirelibrary.org> or Amanda Stern<mailto:astern at ctlibrarians.org> to learn more.

Amanda Stern (she/her)

Events and Special Projects Manager
Connecticut Library Consortium
p:  860.740.3044 - direct dial
p:  860.344.8777 - office
a:  234 Court Street, Middletown, CT 06457
w: ctlibrarians.org<http://ctlibrarians.org/>  e:  astern at ctlibrarians.org<mailto:astern at ctlibrarians.org>

[ttp://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.ctlibrarians.org/resource/resmgr/clclogo/clc-logo-lores-250w.jpg]

[ttp://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/facebook_sig.png]<http://www.facebook.com/CTLibraryConsortium/>  [ttp://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/twitter_sig.png] <http://twitter.com/CLCct>