[MCOH-EH] who evaluates the employee in employee health?

Anne Mills amills at crhc.org
Fri Oct 3 04:05:24 PDT 2014

Phil,

For on-boarding we have our new hires screened by the RN at
Occupational Health Services, a separate clinic.  For routine RTW
scenarios the employee is screened by a co-worker.  As the Director, I
do not screen these individuals myself.  I can envision the need to have
an employee screened by a neutral third party and would implement an
alternative screening process, if needed.

Anne

Anne C. Mills, RN, MSN, COHN-S

Director Concord Hospital Employee Health Service

| ( (603) 227-7000, ext. 4181| 7 (603) 225-2711 |  amills at crhc.org

>>> "Adamo, Philip" <Philip.Adamo at umassmemorial.org> 8/19/2014 11:26 AM

Hello everyone

I would like to inquire how your EHS does handles  one of the team
members in EHS who requires  a RTW evaluation or has an injury. Are they
seen in your department by the “co-worker” provider or do you have an
alternate provider?

Lately we have had “sensitive” RTW issues with a couple of employees
and feel that it is not appropriate for them to be seen by co-workers in
the same department.

Your thoughts and procedures are appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Philip Adamo, M.D., MPH, FACOEM
Associate Vice President and
Medical Director, Employee Health &
Occupational Injury Care and Wellness
UMass Memorial Medical Center
Hahnemann Campus Suite 201
291 Lincoln Street
Worcester, MA 01605
Phone: 508-334-6179
FAX: 508-334-6433
cell 508-713-3993
philip.adamo at umassmemorial.org

"THE GREAT USE OF LIFE is to spend it for something that will outlast
it."
William James

material. Any review, transmission, re-transmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.