[MCOH-EH] exposures

Thrasher, Terri Terri.Thrasher at cchmc.org
Fri Jan 20 07:23:19 PST 2017

We have a system where they are notified of exposure and they must call in to tell us about their involvement with the case so we can determine the exact exposure and if they need to be prophylaxed or furloughed.
Our WC budget pays for the Rx but they have to get it from our pharmacy.   If we furloughed them it could become WC.
If they become symptomatic and thus convert with illness we put it on the OSHA log.

If they "think " they were exposed they have to prove exposure.

Regardless... we encourage calls for all suspected exposure inhouse and in the community so we can triage them and instruct them on what to do.