[MCOH-EH] Policy for Removing Patients From Their CAR:

Lisa Dyrdahl Lisa_Dyrdahl at Valleymed.org
Thu Feb 2 14:39:04 PST 2017

MCOH List:

Do you have a lift policy for removing patients from their cars?

Our position is the patient should get out of their car the same way they got in to come to the hospital or clinic.  We have too many back injuries removing patients from their cars, it is so treacherous.  We have a portable ceiling lift which fits over the car with a sling to remove the patient.  Our Lift Team and staff are reluctant to use this since it can scratch the car, another liability.

At this time when a patient presents to the ER or Clinic who cannot get out of the car, we call the Fire Dept or an Access/Cabulance service to extract the patient.

I would appreciate any policy you have and or feedback you've received from your Risk Dept.

Thanks.

Lisa Dyrdahl, RN, BSN
Employee Health Nurse
Lisa_Dyrdahl at Valleymed.org<mailto:Lisa_Dyrdahl at Valleymed.org>
Ph: 425-228-3440 X5720
Fax: 425-656-5066

DISCLAIMER: This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender then delete this message.