[CASL-L] Free eBook: Information Literacy in the Wild

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 21 14:39:02 PST 2011

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Kristin Fontichiaro <font at umich.edu>
To: "mamelist at lanai.mlcnet.org" <mamelist at mail.mlcnet.org>; School Library Media
& Network Communications <LM_NET at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>; "iasl-link at yahoogroups.com"
<iasl-link at yahoogroups.com>; aaslforum at umich.edu; "aaslforum at ala.org"
<aaslforum at ala.org>; digilit-l at ala.org
Sent: Wed, December 21, 2011 5:10:22 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] Free eBook: Information Literacy in the Wild

Dear Colleagues,

The students of the University of Michigan's SI 641 / EDCURINS 575: Information
Literacy for Teaching and Learning are pleased to announce the digital
publication of INFORMATION LITERACY IN THE WILD, a compilation of essays
reflecting their field experiences in public libraries, K-12 libraries, K-12
classrooms, college classrooms (online and face-to-face), academic libraries,
museums, and more.

We hope you will enjoy reading about our observations, projects, and
conclusions. Here are some tidbits with which to tantalize you:
- how Lady Gaga's meat dress is an example of synthesis
- how an AP language teacher plans to teach an information literacy unit
- the importance of a lesson "hook"
- how to sneak an IL lesson into a tech lesson
- how a map can guide even the most experienced researchers
- bird unit sightings in public libraries ... and a physics classroom
- how the SCVNGR app can refresh and deepen library orientation

You can download it for your eReader here:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/115254

It is also available as a formatted-for-print PDF:
http://bit.ly/infowild

We are eager to hear your feedback:
informationliteracyinthewild at umich.edu

Thanks,