[CASL-L] Tomorrow's webinar: Video Instruction [from Michelle Luhtala]

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 12 14:36:57 PDT 2011

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: edWeb <message at edweb.net>
To: Irene Kwidzinski <kwidz at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tue, July 12, 2011 10:32:25 AM
Subject: Tomorrow's webinar: Video Instruction [from Michelle Luhtala]

A new posting on the edWeb was submitted by Michelle Luhtala in the community
Using Emerging Technology to Advance Your School Library Program.
Hellllloooo Everyone!

Summer is officially in full swing, and edWeb.net is too! We have almost one
hundred new members in our Using Emerging Technology to Improve your Library
Program community here, bringing us up to over 2,300!

I want to take a moment to welcome our new members. Here at Emerging Tech, we
present webinars on the second Wednesday of each month (4PM during school year
and at 11AM during the summer - EST), and we participate in ongoing discussion
threads in between to continue the conversation and provide context and
continuity for each webinar. Our past 12 webinar recordings are available on the
Emerging Tech landing page  - just scroll down to where it says Freshman Year ,
and you can watch them at any time. If you would like a certificate of
participation, all you need to do is take the corresponding quiz; we will email
you a certificate. We are also launching some exciting collaborative projects,
including designing a survey about filtering, access and learning in K-12
education.

For Emerging Tech regulars, in explanation for my recent silence, I am just
returning from 10 days of camping without electricity or mobile service, and it
was delightful! I read three books (new James Frey, The Paris Wife, and a
charming advanced reader copy (ARC) I picked up at ALA called The Ghost of
Greenwich Village) I read them all in print - now a novel experience (no pun
intended). I hope that everyone's Independence Day week was relaxing and joyful.

Tomorrow, will present our fist episode of Emerging Tech's second season - Using
video for Instruction. We will review available resources, share basic tips and
tricks, and focus on applications for video in library programming. I am always
surprised at how much video enhances my practice and increases student
engagement. We will log into http://instantpresenter.com/edweb2 at 11:00AM,
Eastern time (no need to register, just show up there and jump in!). We hope you
can join us, but if you can't, the recording will be posted shortly afterwards
and you can view the entire session at your convenience.

It's quite sultry here in the northeast this morning, so I'm wishing you a cool
day, but I suppose if you are in San Francisco, I should be sending you warmth!
Regardless of your location, have a great mid July day, and I hope to "see you"
tomorrow!

:-)ML
To view or reply to the message, go to http://www.edweb.net/.59c0bb0e
You can turn off these email notifications and change notification settings from
your home page by clicking on My Settings and then on Change Your Email
Notifications.