[CASL-L] Publisher 2007 July 27th & Publisher 2007 Beyond the Basics July 28th @ MLSC

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Wed Jun 29 08:24:19 PDT 2011

The following Connecticut State Library CE workshops have been scheduled for July 2011. To register access the Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Intro. to Publisher 2007 July 27th (MLSC 9:00 - 12:00)

This hands-on training session will introduce basic desktop publishing techniques to the new Publisher 2007 user, but will also appeal to the more experienced user. We'll be examining the set-up of the program and its use of templates. We'll focus on the toolbar and the hidden controls for tools. Ample time will be given to individual questions. Bring work material and you should have time to get started on your project.

Additional topics will include:

The basics of good graphic design

The proper use of fonts

How layering can be used to get different effects The use of clipart Grouping and ungrouping objects Linking text blocks in longer documents, like newsletters

Publisher 2007 Beyond the Basics - July 28th (MLSC 9:12:00)

In this full day workshop we'll continue to explore the features of Microsoft Publisher 2007. We'll focus on multi-page documents, like flyers and newsletters. We'll be comparing the benefits of multiple columns versus linked text blocks. We'll be adding continued to and from lines as well as developing styles sheets.

Topics covered will include:

How to work with multiple page documents Create linking text blocks Use multiple column text blocks Create and apply style sheets Prepare a document for commercial printing Define text wrapping for graphic and text

Kris Abery
Connecticut State Library
Continuing Education Coordinator
Tele: 860.704.2206