[CASL-L] FREE eBook: Library Mashups: Exploring New Ways to Deliver Library Data (Kindle)

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 1 03:40:52 PDT 2011

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Alice Yucht <ayucht at gmail.com>
To: aaslforum at ala.org; lm_net at listserv.syr.edu; infolink-l at lists.infolink.org;
njasl <NJASL at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, October 31, 2011 11:30:02 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] FREE eBook: Library Mashups: Exploring New Ways to Deliver
Library Data (Kindle)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WPCRQY/?tag=booksontheknob-20"
From Booklist
Editor Engard assembles 21 articles from 25 international contributors to focus
on mashups within the library environment. Readers with little knowledge of
mashups will find chapters such as “What Is a Mashup?” and “Behind the Scenes:
Some Technical Details on Mashups” especially helpful. Other portions of this
book cover topics such as mashups in library Web sites, mashups of catalog data,
and mashups and media (e.g., photos). Technical details should not overwhelm
non-techies. Plenty of screenshots aid in comprehension, although a few seem too
small to read easily. One strength of this title is the emphasis on experiences
in actual libraries, for example, mashup integration at the Manchester City (NH)
Library. One weakness is that little attention is given to mashup accessibility
for people with disabilities. A timely and useful resource for those keen on
this fairly new technology. --Stephen Fadel"

--
Alice Yucht, aka Alice in InfoLand
lifelong Teacher / Librarian, now freelancing as Rutgers/SCILS/PDS faculty,

http://slmps.wordpress.com
http://aliceinfo.squarespace.com/blog
ayucht at gmail.com

"We may be service-oriented, but we don't have to be servants."