[CASL-L] Panel on Internet School Filtering

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 1 13:01:26 PDT 2011

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Teri Caouette <tcaouette at yahoo.com>
To: "aaslforum at ala.org" <aaslforum at ala.org>
Sent: Tue, November 1, 2011 8:19:46 AM
Subject: [aaslforum] Panel on Internet School Filtering

Please mark your calendar and join this discussion on filtering and technology
in schools.    We need school librarian perspective!

You’re invited to a special panel discussion, The World at Their Fingertips?
Student Internet Access and Control in the Schools.
On November 17 at 4:30 pm EST - join us for an eye-opening conversation about
the promise and perils of Internet technology in schools. Our diverse panel of
experts will discuss Internet ethics, filtering, the role of instructional
technology, legal and regulatory issues and the everyday challenges facing
school practitioners.
Tune in live to watch the event via webcast, and submit your own questions,
comments, and topics for discussion through Twitter.
Here are the details:

Thursday, November 17
4:30pm – 6:00 pm  EST

PARTICIPATE via Twitter: Use hashtag #netinschools

LEARN more: www.commonsense.org/teachingmatters

Teri Caouette
teri.caouette at mlti.org
MLTI Integration Mentor