[CASL-L] FW: Help Needed for Twitter Bomb

Galante, Jacqueline JGALANTE at fairfieldschools.org
Mon Nov 7 10:07:42 PST 2011

From: Ted Wegner [mailto:twegner at alawash.org]<mailto:[mailto:twegner at alawash.org]>
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:21 PM
To: fllan at ala.org<mailto:fllan at ala.org>; grassroots at ala.org<mailto:grassroots at ala.org>
Cc: Michael Dowling; Don Wood
Subject: [fllan] Help Needed for Twitter Bomb

Hello everyone,

The Senate is holding a hearing on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) on this coming Tuesday, November 8th and school libraries are not a part of it. Some of you may know that a school libraries amendment was withdrawn from ESEA when it was marked up by the Senate HELP committee on October 20th. As such, we are not a part of this hearing and we want people to know about this slight.

For those of you who use Twitter or know those within your networks who do, we ask that you take part in and or publicize our upcoming Twitter bomb.

In order to create a concentrated Twitter bomb, we are requesting that you send the following tweet out on Monday, Nov. 7th, at 11 A.M. Eastern time:

Senate holding #ESEA hearing 11/8 & #SchoolLibraries aren't included. Why?! Good #schools need good #libraries!

For members who want to send the tweet directly at a senator (preferably their own), there are enough remaining characters to do so. Here is an example of a tweet directed at a senator. Sen. Mark Kirk in this case:

@SenatorKirk Senate holding #ESEA hearing 11/8 & #SchoolLibraries aren't included. Why?! Good #schools need good #libraries!

Please let me know if you have any questions and happy tweeting

Ted Wegner
Grassroots Coordinator
American Library Association
Washington Office-Office of Government Relations
1615 New Hampshire Avenue N.W., 1st Floor
Washington, DC 20009-2520
Phone: 202-628-8410
Fax: 202-628-8419
twegner at alawash.org<mailto:twegner at alawash.org>