[CASL-L] Connecticut Legal Research Strategies for Difficult Economic Times (MLSC) Nov. 30th

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Tue Nov 8 06:56:33 PST 2011

Please excuse the cross posting

Seats available in the following Legal Research workshop on Nov. 30th.  To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Connecticut Legal Research Strategies for Difficult Economic Times - Nov. 30, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (MLSC)
This workshop concentrates on using the Internet in conjunction with the resources in your own library to perform efficient legal research. The emphasis will be on research topics that patrons may ask about in difficult economic times. We will look at the Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries' website at http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/ where over one-hundred research guides have been created to facilitate access to the law. You will learn how to locate case law, statutes, regulations, court rules, and administrative decisions. How to effectively search the Connecticut General Assembly website, Google Scholar, and other useful legal research websites will be addressed. We will also cover accessing public records, including civil, family, housing, and criminal docket information.

The workshop will include research strategies for the following topics:
Foreclosure
Debt Collection
Unemployment

Participants are encouraged to email legal topics they would like discussed at the workshop to christopher.roy at jud.ct.gov with the subject line "Legal Research Workshop."