[CASL-L] sneak preview

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 06:24:23 PST 2011

…and a sneak preview, one of the researchers on the Cooney report referenced
below and primary researcher on Family
Matters (http://www.joanganzcooneycenter.org/Reports-29.html) , Lori Takeuchi,
is the speaker for Carl’s President’s Program in Anaheim this summer.

How cool is that!  ALA is going much more virtual.  As a matter of fact, you can
become involved with that process so that we can all benefit more no matter
where we are:

Dear AASL Members:

Here is an opportunity that can happen right now to bring another school
voice to the workings of ALA!
I am currently Chair of the ALA Conference Committee, and I am seeking an
AASL member to serve on the Virtual Conference Subcommittee.  This
subcommittee will meet only virtually or perhaps once by phone. Its major
focus will be providing input/reaction to staff and planners about content
and process as they create and implement the  2012 ALA Virtual Conference,
which will take place next summer after the Annual Conference.  If you
would be interested in serving or you have questions about this prospect,
please contact me by email.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Matthews

Chair, ALA Conference Committee, 2010-2012

Librarian
Currier Library
Foxcroft School
Middleburg, Va. 20118