[CASL-L] Google Calendar as scheduler for computer labs and carts

Palazzolo, Katrina kpalazzolo at windsorct.org
Mon Dec 17 06:12:20 PST 2012

You can set the calendar any way you need to in the calendar preferences - a week at a time.  You can exclude weekends.  When you embed, you can "bundle" all of the calendars into one calendar so staff can view all of the "layers" of the calendar at one time.  If you want to see what it looks like, you can click on the Library Calendar link in the upper right of the Sage Park library home page.  http://www.windsorct.org/sagelmc/.  You will notice right now, that this calendar is copy and pasted. This is because Windsor is not a Google district.  We offer teachers email through Outlook, not Google email.  And it looks like our district is going to stick with Outlook and Office for email and docs rather than shifting to Google.  This means that we are going to have to look for another calendar option at Sage Park because, again, in order for your district users to see all of the detail in your library calendars, they must be signed into Google with a Google email/Google district email login.  Otherwise, all your users will see is Free/Busy on the calendar.