[CASL-L] URGENT: Petition for School Libraries

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 6 12:50:26 PST 2012

This morning I posted a new White House petition about including school
libraries in the reauthorization of ESEA.  The petition can be found at this
link:
http://wh.gov/Wgd
We need to get 25,000 signatures by Feb. 4th in order to get a response from the
White House.  Please challenge your members to not only sign the petition, but
to get their friends, their teachers, their parents, etc.  If everyone got 10
people to sign it, we'd hit the 25,000 in no time.
I'd like to ask you to please post it on your state listservs, your Twitter
feeds, and your Facebook pages.  Please use any and all communication methods
you have to get the word out and encourage people to sign.  We'll be working on
this for the next 30 days, so periodical reminders to your members would be
great!
Thanks,
Carl Harvey
President AASL

I've signed and I hope you join me in supporting school libraries.
Irene