[CASL-L] Fw: [aaslforum] anybody using Twitter?

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 16 05:50:09 PST 2012

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Ruth V Small <drruth at syr.edu>
To: "aaslforum at ala.org" <aaslforum at ala.org>
Sent: Sun, January 15, 2012 11:51:45 AM
Subject: [aaslforum] anybody using Twitter?

 I am co-authoring an article for a major professional school library journal on
the use of Twitter for teaching and learning in school libraries. For example, I
have learned that some of you use Twitter with students as a way to motivate
reading in reluctant readers, to encourage question-answering and participation
in discussions, or  for communicating with authors or other experts.

If you are using Twitter in any way with students in your library, please email
me (drruth at syr.edu) a brief description, telling me with whom (grade level,
special group) and for what purpose. I will be selecting some of you to
interview for more detailed information, citing you and your library in my
article.

This is a great way to share best practice in innovative librarianship with your
colleagues. Thank you so much for your help.

Ruth V. Small, Ph.D.
Laura J. & L. Douglas Meredith Professor
Director, School Media Program
School of Information Studies
Founding Director, Center for Digital Literacy
Syracuse University
340 Hinds Hall
Syracuse, New York 13244
315/443-4511 or -6144; 315/443-6886 (fax)
drruth at syr.edu
http://ischool.syr.edu/facstaff/member.aspx?id=29