[CASL-L] Seats Available: Introduction to Google Docs (Bristol), Google+ (MLSC) & LinkedIn (MLSC)

Abery, Kris Kris.Abery at ct.gov
Thu Mar 1 12:20:06 PST 2012

There are still seats available in the following March 2012 workshops. To register access the Connecticut Library Continuing Education Calendar of Events @ http://evanced.info/cslib/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Introduction to Google Docs - Mar. 7th (Bristol PL)

Looking to save money but still want to use the latest productivity software (word processing, worksheets, presentation and email)? Well a choice for you might be Google Docs. This free software is courtesy of your friends at Google. Your documents can be saved on their servers and even shared with multiple people...at the same time. In this half day workshop the instructor will cover each application that makes up Docs: documents (word processing), spreadsheets, presentations and forms/drawing as well as sharing of documents.

Google+ - Mar. 21st (MLSC)

On June 28th 2011, Google launched its new project: Google Plus. Touted as a tool to make sharing on the web "more like sharing in real life." In this workshop, we will review the features Google+ has to offer. We will also compare similar features in Facebook and discuss the pros and cons between both services.

LinkedIn for Librarians - Mar. 21st (MLSC)

You may have heard of Facebook and MySpace but are you familiar with LinkedIN? This social networking site has become one of the most popular sites for those wanted to create a professional presence on the Internet. In this workshop, we will explore LinkedIn features such as Profiles, Contacts, and Job Searching. We will also examine various "groups" available in the LinkedIn network where we can share ideas, write or receive professional recommendations, as well as enhance our knowledge of library issues.