[CASL-L] SIGMS March Madness

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 2 09:13:36 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "Conzemius, Laurie" <conzemius at SARTELL.K12.MN.US>
To: SIGMS members list <sigms at ISTE-Listserver.iste.org>
Cc: "lconzemius at gmail.com" <lconzemius at gmail.com>
Sent: Thu, March 1, 2012 10:03:40 PM
Subject: [sigms] SIGMS March Madness

[cid:39007F3B-F70C-4C4E-BABC-55E29841F169 at domain.actdsltmp]
Get ready for March Madness!

Beginning Monday, March 5th, SIGMS will be presenting a series of week-long
discussions on some topics that are
of special interest to school librarians! We want YOU to join in the
conversation!

Our first week's discussion, occurring the first week full week of March, and
lead by Wendy Stephens, is on BYOD.
Everyone seems to be talking about "Bring Your Own Device" programs. Do these
programs solve the problem of
not having enough portable devices to go around? How do they affect school
libraries?

Week 2, also lead by Wendy Stephens, is on social media policies and how they
play out, both on institutional and
personal levels. An interesting conversation!

In week 3, join Rebecca Kelly to discuss school libraries and the school
librarian's role in a 1:1 and cyber setting.

And in our 4th week, the last full week of March, Rebecca Kelly will moderate a
BYOP discussion. Bring Your Own
Professional Development!

Each week one participant's name will be randomly chosen from all those who have
participated in the discussion. This
lucky winner will receive a new ISTE publication! Our conversations are sure to
be entertaining and informative! Please
tweet them out to your friends and followers and let's see what we can learn by
sharing our ideas!

All conversations will be held on the ISTE Community Ning at:
http://www.iste-community.org/group/sigms. I believe that
Wendy has already posted her first comments on BYOD programs, so don't delay!
Join the conversation!

Laurie Coznemius
SIGMS Communications Chair

To stay in touch with other SIG members, join the SIGMS group at the ISTE
Community Ning: http://www.iste-community.org/group/sigms.
Contact me at conzemius at q.com<mailto:conzemius at q.com>

---
You are currently subscribed to sigms as: kwidz at sbcglobal.net.
To unsubscribe, please click this link:
http://www.iste.org/optout.aspx?personid=208103&listname=sigms

Contact ISTE Membership Services at iste at iste.org or 1.800.336.5191 (Int'l
1.541.302.3777) if you have problems unsubscribing.