[CASL-L] Celebrating Dia

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 2 09:18:59 PST 2012

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Sara Kelly Johns <skjohns at gmail.com>
To: aaslforum at ala.org; SLMS-School Library Media <nyla-slms at lm.nyla-omc.org>
Sent: Thu, March 1, 2012 7:02:45 PM
Subject: [aaslforum] Fwd: REFORMANET/ Dia Website - We'd Like to Hear from You!

Thinking about celebrating Dia this year in your school library? From the
website: "El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day),
is a celebration every day of children, families, and reading that  culminates
yearly on April 30. The celebration emphasizes the importance  of advocating
literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural  backgrounds."

There are lots of resources available on the website and the new Dia page on
Facebook.

It's another opportunity to celebrate the role of school library in people's
lives!

Sara
_____________
ALSC launched the new Dia website last fall, and we want to hear from you on
Facebook!  Is the new website (http://dia.ala.org)useful to you in planning Dia
programs?  Are the resources helpful to you; and to the parents and children you
serve?  Have you looked at the Resource Guide?  Do you know that our publishing
partners are offering discounts to Dia libraries?  They may be found at
http://dia.ala.org/partners-sponsors.

We want to hear from you!  Please take a minute, and go to the Dia Facebook
page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-El-d%C3%ADa-de-los-ni%C3%B1osEl-d%C3%ADa-de-los-libros-Childrens-DayBook/194406259143
 to let us know what you think of the new Dia website.  We appreciate your time.

DISCLAIMER: P0STING OF VENDOR MESSAGES ON THIS LISTSERV DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN
ENDORSEMENT OF VENDOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY REFORMA.

REFORMA web page: http://www.reforma.org/

--
Sara Kelly Johns, School Librarian
Lake Placid Middle/High School Library
johns at northnet.org
skjohns at gmail.com

"All knowledge is spendable currency, depending on the market"--Maya Angelou, I
Know Why the Caged Bird Sings