[CASL-L] CECA/CASL 2012 Call for Presenters

Sara Kelley-Mudie librarian.skm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:12:32 PDT 2012

The CASL (Connecticut Association of School Librarian) Professional
Development committee, in partnership with CECA (Connecticut Educators
Computer Association) is seeking proposals for the CECA/CASL joint
conference on October 29, 2012 at the Connecticut Convention Center in
Hartford.

Presenters at the CECA / CASL Conference come from among the many educators
in Connecticut and beyond who successfully integrate information literacy
and technology into the educational process to improve student learning.
The Boards of Directors of CECA and CASL invite such experienced educators
to submit an application to present at the CECA / CASL 2012 Conference.

The theme of the conference is Connect2Learn and our keynote speaker is
Adam Bellow. We are looking for proposals that address national educational
standards set forth by AASL (American Association of School Librarians)
and/or ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) and
highlight best practices for integrating technology and literacy skills on
the district, school, and/or classroom level.

In addition to traditional conference presentations, we are seeking
applications from educators interested in presenting hands-on sessions and
leading roundtable discussions.

To submit an application go to www.ctcasl.com and click on Call for
Presenters <http://www.ctcasl.com/conf/Conf12/conf12_presenter.html> under
Conference. The deadline for proposals is April 4th. All presenters will be
notified in May as to the status of their proposals.

Sara Kelley-Mudie
CASL Vice President
CECA/CASL Conference Co-chair
Library Director and Educational Technology Facilitator
The Forman School
librarian.skm at gmail.com
http://kmthelibrarian.blogspot.com/