[CASL-L] Gateway to College funding

Lord, Douglas Douglas.Lord at ct.gov
Fri Mar 23 06:51:35 PDT 2012

Hi CASL,

Thought I'd let everyone know about an opportunity I noticed which serves youth who have dropped out of school or are significantly behind in credits and unlikely to graduate. I posted it on my 'Funding from the Underground' blog at http://variousgrants.blogspot.com/ (put it in your blog reader) and thought it also rated a mention here.

The basics: Gateway to College<http://www.gatewaytocollege.org/> National Network (GtCNN) is making available a new grant opportunity that will provide start-up funds up to $325,000 to up to seven college/K-12 partnerships to implement the Gateway to College dropout recovery program. Gateway to College<http://gatewaytocollege.org/start_scaling.asp> (GtC) is a nationally recognized dual credit program that serves youth who have dropped out of school (or are significantly behind in credits and unlikely to graduate).

Since 2003, Gateway to College has expanded to 35 colleges in 20 states; CT doesn't yet have a program.

Informational Q&A Webinar: March 28, 2012 (11:00 AM PDT): register here<https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/181255558>.
Douglas C. Lord
LSTA Coordinator
Division of Library Development