[CASL-L] eBooks for Elementary schools

Lussier,Jenny jlussier at RSD13.ORG
Fri Mar 23 09:40:07 PDT 2012

Hello all -

I would appreciate any information regarding IF elementary schools in particular are using eBooks and if so, how is this being implemented.

Our district is going through the budget process and Board of Education members and parents are asking lots of questions about this.

We are wondering

1)  if other districts are using eBooks in their elementary schools
2) do you provide devices and if so what kind
3)  how are devices checked out
4) do you use a service such as overdrive or Follett -
5)  If you do use a service, is there enough selection for elementary students (fiction & nonfiction)
6) anything else that you think might be relevant

Thank you so much for any help you can give.

You can reply offlist to jlussier at rsd13.org<mailto:jlussier at rsd13.org>
I would be happy to put all the information I receive together to share.

Jenny Lussier
Teacher Librarian
Region 13