[CASL-L] eBooks for Elementary schools

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 10:53:11 PDT 2012

How timely!  CASL has planned a workshop on eBooks on Saturday, May 12 from
9:30-1:00 @ the Stratford Library.  The panel discussion will have
representatives from Barnes & Noble, Follett, Scholastic, Marshall Cavendish as
well as CT LMSs and public librarians who have eBooks in their collections.  The
fee is nominal $25.

The PR on this event will be announced shortly with a registration link.  Look
for it and save the date for this timely and interesting discussion on what
works, whether and how to go about including eBooks in your collection, and
other concerns you may have.

If you are able, the New England School Library Association is having an
Un-conference this Saturday in Bedford NH with Patrick Larkin and Shannon
Miller. One of the topics is eBooks.  Walk-ins are welcome and it's a nice ride
up.  See you there if you decide to go!

Irene