[CASL-L] RE:iPads in the elementary school library

Tichey-Staack, Mary mticheystaack at ridgefield.org
Fri Jan 18 12:53:22 PST 2013

Hello to all,

     In order to secure an iPad for my elementary school library, where I am on a fixed schedule with 410 students, I was instructed to prepare a "case" to justify the expense. I KNOW many of you are out there doing wonderful things in your elementary libraries with iPads and I would appreciate ANY and ALL feedback from you.

    So far my reasons are:

*       reader's advisory on the fly

*       skyping

*       reconciling students' accounts at the stacks in real time

*       attaching it to the smartboard to project interactive or regular picture books from reading a-z, or sites like it

*       inventory, if it is compatible

*       videotaping students working/on task/in process

*       student productions

Thank you in advance for your time and effort!

Mary E. Tichey-Staack, Teacher-Librarian
Branchville Elementary School
40 Florida Road
Ridgefield, CT 06877
mticheystaack at ridgefield.org<mailto:mticheystaack at ridgefield.org>
203-544-7980 x2137

Currently reading: Cold Cereal by Adam Rex and Bringing Up the Bodies by Mantel

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW!  It is fun to have fun But you have to know how."
Dr. Seuss