[CASL-L] Getting closer

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 19 08:17:20 PST 2013

to the Awards deadline of January 31, 2013---only 11 days.

You work so hard to provide a good library media program, develop good
relationships with your staff & students and stay on top professionally.  Get
the acknowledgement that you deserve.

Apply or nominate a colleague for an award or scholarship this week.

Stand up for school libraries!

*   Are you working toward a school library certification? There’s a $1000
scholarship<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/scholarships.html> to help you.

  *   Have you entered the profession in the last 5 years? There’s an
award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/erickson.html> for you.

  *   Do you have at least 10 years experience and greatly contributed to the
school library field in our state? That’s a possible Rheta A. Clark
Award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/clark.html> winner.

  *   Have you been inspired by a Connecticut colleague’s article or book,
professional development activity, graduate course or national-level committee
work? There’s an award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/jay.html> to recognize
that.

  *   Do you know of a colleague that has made an outstanding contribution to
CASL or educational media programs? Let’s thank them and recognize them with an
award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/service.html>.

  *   Have you accomplished a wonderfully creative and collaborative lesson or
unit that aligns with our national AASL standards? The Follett Creativity
Award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/follett.html> of $1000 celebrates that.

  *   Do you wish to recognize and thank a faculty member who has established an
instructional partnership with you? We have an
award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/pellerin.html> for that.

  *   Are you ready to celebrate the success of your library program based on
AASL standards and guidelines? The coveted Bunny Yesner School Library Media
Program of the Year Award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/BYSLMPY.html> honors
that achievement of excellence.

  *   Do you have an administrator at the building or district level who really
understands and supports your library program? Let’s celebrate and grow those
partnerships with an award<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/admin.html>.

The deadline to apply for or nominate someone for recognition is January 31,
2013. Visit CASL'<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/awards.html>s
<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/awards.html>
Awards<http://www.ctcasl.com/recognition/awards.html> page to nominate someone
or to learn about previous award winners.

Don’t delay and don’t be shy! Advocate for school libraries and school
librarians!