[CASL-L] Student ceiling due date

Eva Longo evalongo77 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 14:11:39 PDT 2013

Good afternoon,

I generally have all student materials due back about 2 weeks before the
end of the school year.  This is how long it takes me to get materials
returned from students and staff in preparation for inventory.  Recently I
was asked to consider extending this date.  I would like to do this, but
already struggle with getting all materials back in two weeks.  Also, we
are open for business on the first day of school each year.  I'm wondering
if anyone has been able to successfully do this without running out of time
to get materials returned before students leave for the summer.  The
library is still opened to students after the student ceiling due date for
computer use and for looking at magazines; we supervise students through
the last day of school.

There are 1,100 students in my school and I have 1 full time library
assistant.

Any feedback on this subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and have a good evening,

Eva Longo
Timothy Edwards Middle School
South Windsor