[CASL-L] help out a grad student?

Lynch, Joyce lynchj at plainvilleschools.org
Tue Mar 5 05:23:50 PST 2013

I am mentoring a UCONN graduate student who is doing research on high
school student advisory programs. If your high school uses advisory groups
and you have a moment to respond to his questions, I know he'd be most
appreciative. I will forward all responses to him. Thanks in advance for
any help you may be able to give him.

His email is below:

I am a graduate student from the University of Connecticut and I am doing
research on student advisory programs. My goal is to identify best
practices in order to design and implement a student advisory at my
internship school. I am trying to find answers to the the following
questions:

1. Does your school have a student advisory in place and when was it
initiated?
2. Is the advisory period geared more toward academics, community, or both?
3. What is the general school wide opinion of the advisory (faculty,
students, parents)?
4. Have you noticed any changes in either student achievement or school
climate since implementing advisory? If so, what were these changes?

              Thank you.

--
Joyce Lynch
Library Information Teacher