[CASL-L] RE: summer reading request

Kristie McGarry kmcgarry at derbyps.org
Tue Mar 19 12:54:16 PDT 2013

A teacher here at Derby High School donated this 196 page book to the library this year; it certainly is timely although maybe cuts a little close:

"Chain Reaction: A Call to Compassionate Revolution" by Darrell Scott was written in 2001 by the father of a student who was killed during the Columbine school shooting of 1999.

>From the cover/blurb: "Rachel Scott, Columbine victim, believed she could change the world one person at a time ; she believed that she could make a difference. She targeted three groups of young people at Columbine High School: the handicapped, those picked on by others, and those new to her school. Her weapons of choice were honesty, compassion, and kindness. Rachel's death amplified her deeds and started a ripple effect that has been felt around the world."

Scott, Darrel. Chain Reaction: A Call To Compassionate Revolution. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2001. ISBN: 0-7852-6680-1