[CASL-L] Movie ideas for school community forums

Lynn Rappaport lynfo16 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 10:25:57 PDT 2013

Our school is looking for documentaries on topics of interest to parents of
elementary and middle school students to screen at community meetings. The
point of these meetings is to generate a discussion on contemporary topics
that affect our students and school community. Movies will be shown to
adults only.

For example, recently we screened the movie
Bully<http://www.thebullyproject.com/about_film>and had a pre and post
movie discussion about the issues it raised.

Looking for ideas of titles out there that might be a good fit for this.
Potential topics could be online safety, sexuality, diversity.
Ideas?

Thanks,

Lynn

*Lynn A. Rappaport*

*School Librarian*

*Environmental Sciences Magnet School at Mary Hooker*

*Serving students Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8*

440 Broadview Terrace

Hartford, CT 06106

(860) 695-3741

*www.environmentalsciencesmagnet.org* <www.environmentalsciencesmagnet.org>