[CASL-L] Dream Job @ Hartford Public Library

Shannon McNeice shannon_mcneice at whps.org
Thu Apr 24 08:54:46 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rebecca Wareing <rwareing at msi1.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Subject: Networking Help Needed: Local Search for Digital Learning Center
Manager
To: shannon_mcneice at whps.org

My name is Rebecca Wareing, I’m a Search Consultant with the Digital
Learning Group at MSI, and I’m working on a search for a YouMedia Manager
on behalf of the Hartford Public Library. This is a great opportunity for
an educator with a strong passion for technology to work with teens. At
YOUmedia Hartford, teens will explore, express, and create using digital
media. YOUmedia’s core philosophy is that youth are best engaged when
they’re following their passions, collaborating with others, and being
makers and doers, not passive consumers. The site will be open, flexible,
and highly creative, with inspiration zones, production zones, and
exhibition labs where youth “hang out, mess around, and geek out.” YOUmedia
connects three realms of learning—peer groups, interests, and academics—in
deliberate ways. One of the most important aspects is that YOUmedia
Hartford will connect learning directly back to school, careers, and other
realms.

I've attached the position description for your information. Please forward
this to anyone in your network who may want to learn more about this
exciting role. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Rebecca Wareing, CPC
Management Search, Inc.
860-761-3239
860-869-3851 (cell)
rwareing at msi1.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain confidential information. It is intended solely for the original designated recipient(s).
Any other use is prohibited and access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.
Any opinions expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily endorsed by WHPS.