[CASL-L] TEDx - Westport Library - May3rd 9:30-1:00 - Retinkering Libraries

Bill Derry billderry at optonline.net
Sun Apr 27 17:33:15 PDT 2014

http://westportlibrary.org/events/tedxwestportlibrary-conference-re-tinkerin
g-libraries?date=2014-05-03

TEDxWestportLibrary --  Retinkering Libraries

Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together
to share a TED-like experience. In the Westport Library TEDx experts will
address trends and changes in their disciplines which may impact libraries
of all types.

Presenters include:
David Pogue  of Yahoo on technology, architect Henry Myerberg  on designs of
universities, libraries and schools, Jeanine Esposito of Spark! Consulting
on innovation, Joseph Jaffe, author of Z.E.R.O: Zero Paid Media as the New
Marketing Model, on changes in marketing, Michelle Luhtala, head librarian
at New Canaan High School, on using emerging technologies like social
networking and cloud computing, and the Director of Yale University
Press John Donatich on "Why Books Still Matter." The day will be moderated
by Dianne Wildman, former Cablevision editorial director.

Register online.
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/tedxwestportlibrary-may-3-2014-tickets-112013786
25  $15 fee includes refreshments.

A TEDx requires the inclusion of selected TED videos and we will be showing
three during the event.

The conference will be streamed live and all video will be uploaded to the
TEDx site. The link to the free live stream will be on our website later
this week
http://westportlibrary.org.

This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.

If you have any questions, please contact me:
bderry at westportlibrary.org