[CASL-L] library furniture

Yulo-medeiros, Julie jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us
Thu Jun 5 05:32:33 PDT 2014

Whatever you decisions ends up being think about the ability for the library space to be flexible and movable. Like many libraries, CHS’s library is used extensively throughout the day, after school and evenings. Each group wants to rearrange the furniture to fit their needs. Unfortunately, we have eight massive tables the require a minimum of two people to move them. It’s a lot of work for the custodial staff and all five P.M. custodians come in to do the moving. The next time I’m allocated furniture money I will be purchasing smaller tables with wheels. I want to move CHS’s library in the direction of a learning commons and I think flexible furniture will help accomplish that.
Good luck with your decision. I like that your principal is thinking about the library space in your building.
Julie

Julie Yulo-Medeiros
School Librarian
Virtual High School Site Coordinator
Cromwell High School
34 Evergreen Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
860.632.4841 Ext: 14830
jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us<mailto:jyulo at cromwell.k12.ct.us>

I am currently reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt, Saving Italy: The Race to Rescue a Nation's Treasures from the Nazis by Robert M. Edsel and Wild  by Cheryl Strayed . What are you reading?