[CASL-L] FW: Encountering Survivors Program

Matthew Cadorette MCadorette at waterfordschools.org
Wed Jun 11 05:26:13 PDT 2014

Hello Fellow CASLers:

If you live in New London county, this is a worthy program.  It’s even better if you can rope in (i.e. collaborate) a history or English teacher.  It only takes 5 students and the Jewish federation helps with transportation to the house of a Holocaust survivor.  The students interview them on 3 occasions (before/during/after) about their experiences and the students create a presentation at the end of the program.

I’ve participated three times and every is kind of blown away by the end.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Matt

Matthew Cadorette
Librarian
Waterford High School
Waterford, CT 06385
(860) 437-6956

“The America I love still exists at the front desks of our public libraries.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country