[CASL-L] Fw: [MSLAmembers] Reading Summit for Educators sponsored by Scholastic Book Fairs

IRENE KWIDZINSKI kwidz at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 8 10:29:51 PDT 2014

FYI

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:39 PM, Gerri Fegan <gerrifegan at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear MSLA members,
I hope you are having a terrific spring!  I wanted to give you a head's up on a fantastic professional development opportunity this summer.  As a member of the Customer Advisory Board of Scholastic Book Fairs, I have had the pleasure of working with a group of fine teachers and librarians from all over the country to provide services from Scholastic Book Fairs.  This summer, there will be six Reading Summits held across the United States.  Join us for a one-day professional learning conference on July 17, 2014 in Norwood, MA. Hear from nationally recognized keynote speaker Pam Allyn, author of Be Core Ready: Powerful, Effective Steps to Implementing and Achieving Common Core Standards.  Pam is a world-renowned expert in home and school literacy connections.  She is the Founding Director of LitLife, a professional development organization that specializes in reading and writing instruction. Joining her for sessions will be authors Donalyn Miller,
 Gordon Korman, and Deborah Wiles.

Reading Summits inspire educators with a fresh view of independent reading strategies for school communities. Network with educational leaders and colleagues on innovative approaches to pave multiple pathways to achieve student independent reading equity through a school team approach. Certificate of Completion for education credits provided.

For more information about group and individual rates, please see the Reading Summit website.

I hope to see you there!

Gerri Fegan, MLIS
High Plain Elementary School
Andover, MA

"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have.  Arm yourself!"  - "Tooth and Claw," Dr. Who, Season 2

Visit Your Group 	* New Members 2

• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

.