[CASL-L] NEASC Standards

Juliann T. Moskowitz juliann14 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 08:39:13 PDT 2014

 We have just begun the self-study portion fro NEASC accreditation. I was on the NEASC website but I was not able to find an answer to this question. Does NEASC recommend a certain number of library books per student? I see only that is says the library should "provide a wide range of materials". I am new to the school this year and our collection is quite small. We have only about 5800 books for 830 students.

Juliann T. Moskowitz
Director of Library Media
St. Joseph High School
Trumbull, CT 06611
juliann14 at hotmail.com

Access
to knowledge is the superb, the supreme act of truly great civilizations. Of
all the institutions that purport to do this, free libraries stand virtually
alone in accomplishing this mission. --Toni Morrison