[CASL-L] Place for excess books

Beecher, Louise lbeecher at bridgeportedu.net
Mon Oct 27 06:15:34 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I need some help disposing of some books.

I work at an inner-city high school that has not had a librarian on site for a couple of years and during that time some "kind" person/institution that I would dearly love to get my hands on - er, meet - donated more than 100 hardback copies of "Beautiful Chaos" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. In case you don't know, that is the third book in the Beautiful Creatures series.

I also have more than 100 paperback copies of "Broadway Lights: Secrets of my Hollywood" life by Jen Calonita and am also engaged in a major weeding project.

In short, I have a huge number of books to dispose of.

While attending a professional meeting last year, I heard about a company that will take bulk books from libraries. If you know what this company is, or have worked with it before, please contact me.

I am not looking for money (although even a tiny amount would be nice) but a way to get these off my hands that does not involve numerous trips to the dumpster.

Louise Beecher
Librarian

"A democratic society depends upon an informed and educated citizenry."

Thomas Jefferson