[CASL-L] Place for excess books

Dawn Zillich dzillich at spchs.com
Mon Oct 27 06:30:57 PDT 2014

Louise,

Thrift Books has a warehouse here in CT where you can drop off (eliminating
postage costs) or ship the books. I have used them in the past and they are
great to work with. Here is the most recent info I received from them:

Good Afternoon,

I am writing this email to inform you of our exciting news.  We are
expanding and moving into a larger warehouse space, not too far from our
current location.  The address is:  *295 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor
Locks, CT 06096*.  For those of you who ship via UPS & freight truck, this
is just an FYI.  We will internally change the “Ship To Address” for your
UPS account.

*Please expect a delay in processing all shipments*.  To maximize shelf
life of your items, we are looking to begin processing all new shipments in
early August at our new facility.  You may still send shipments, they will
be held in storage until processing begins.

For those of you who drop off at our warehouse, here are some directions to
our location (starting on Ella Grasso Turnpike, coming off the highway):

·         Drive past the “Airport terminal” sign

·         Drive through 3 stoplights (the 3rd is a Railroad crossing)

·         Take next right on Choice Rd.

·         Drive past chain link fence on right and take right at Bradley
Premier Storage Sign (into a parking lot)

·         Follow lot around to the right where you will see a sign that
says “office” and our dock doors to the left

There are several warehouses within this large building.  Your GPS will
take you to the front of the warehouses.  The directions above are to help
you navigate to our dock doors.  Please bring all new drop offs orders to
the new location beginning Monday, July 21st.

Best regards,

Jamie Hurst

Library Program Coordinator

Thrift Books LLC

253-275-2241 x7704  Office

1-888-861-1065  Toll Free

253-322-6164 Fax

770 Bloomfield Ave. Windsor, CT 06095

www.GotLibraryBooks.com <http://www.gotlibrarybooks.com/>

Seattle | Portland | Detroit | Atlanta | Dallas | Hartford | Phoenix | St.
Louis | Baltimore | Reno

Happy recycling,

Dawn M. Zillich, librarian

St. Paul Catholic High School

"The old idea of the librarian as a sort of recluse closeted with his books
and

interested only in them is the very antithesis of the modern librarian, who

must live with people equally with books, and who must also be keenly aware

of all that is going on in the world around him."

~Linda A. Eastman~ (Head Librarian of the Cleveland Public Library, 1918 to
1938)