[CASL-L] BMHS

Virginia Snowden snowden06039 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 13:19:56 PST 2015

 If Bridgeport Military Academy has both books and a librarian that is going to be a great. BMA and the 3 Fairchild Wheeler schools  should be moving forward with an independent reading program that requires kids to read independently 20 minutes a day. I know Fairchild Wheeler has neither books nor a librarian and since they were all involved in this Independent Reading program and I lumped them. (my mistake) I am so glad at least one of the schools actually has books. FW does have some grant money that can be used for books, but only if they are STEM related. They  need some leveled independent reading choices across a variety of genres and I suspect high interest -lower level ones in particular  for kids reading off-level.  Thanks for the information. Do you know if any of the other Bridgeport high schools have robust libraries? Maybe they could  work out  a little in-district loaning. Particularly if the books are kept in the classroom and don't go home.