[CASL-L] BMHS

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 14:38:05 PST 2015

Oops, no--BMHS (Brien McMahon High School) is where I work. NOT BMA.

Cathy

 Subject: [CASL-L] BMHS
 To: "Cathy Andronik via CASL-L" <casl-l at mylist.net>
 Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 4:19 PM

  If Bridgeport Military Academy has
 both books and a librarian that is going to
 be a great. BMA and the 3 Fairchild Wheeler schools
  should be moving forward with an independent reading
 program that requires kids to read independently 20 minutes
 a day. I know Fairchild Wheeler has neither books nor a
 librarian and since they were all involved in this
 Independent Reading program and I lumped them. (my
 mistake) I am so glad at least one of the schools actually
 has books. FW does have some grant money that can be used
 for books, but only if they are STEM related. They
  need some leveled independent reading choices across a
 variety of genres and I suspect high interest -lower level
 ones in particular  for kids reading
 off-level.  Thanks for the information. Do you
 know if any of the other Bridgeport high schools have robust
 libraries? Maybe they could  work out  a
 little in-district loaning. Particularly if the books are
 kept in the classroom and don't go home.

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----