[CASL-L] Citation Makers?

Carol Ansel cansel at williamsschool.org
Tue Jun 16 08:51:55 PDT 2015

HI Joyce -
I'm a fan of NoodleBib, which does number one on your list beautifully. As
far as numbers two and three, it does not do any direct website
evaluation; one of my favorite search tools is Sweet Search - I refer to
it as "Google with brains" - i.e., actual humans have vetted the sources
that are returned in the search results. I don't always agree with them
100% as to credibility, but most of what they return is right on; when
it's not (IHMO) that's a great teaching point when working with the kids.
The only unfortunate caveat - last time I checked the Sweet Search site
was down (a few weeks ago).

One of the things I really like about NoodleTools is that they have tons
of (optionally displayed) support and scaffolding - the kids usually skip
right by it, but it is there for them to learn from, including, I believe,
info about how to evaluate a source.

Hope this helps.
Carol

"Lynch, J" <lynchj at plainvilleschools.org> writes:
>Hello All,
>Our school has been using the paid version of Easy Bib for years now and
>it's wonderful. Unfortunately, it's now being "undated" and is changing
>so much it's virtually unrecognizable. The new version looks very much
>like Google Classroom.
>I am now looking for a good, easy-to-use citation maker that has the
>following features:
>1. Creates citations quickly and easily that can be saved, shared, and
>exported to Google Docs or Word
>2. Evaluates websites
>3. Provides credible research sources
>In other words, everything Easy Bib used to do.
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>

>--
>Joyce Lynch
>Library Information Teacher
>Middle School of Plainville
>150 Northwest Drive
>Plainville, CT 06062
>860-793-3250

Carol Ansel
Librarian / Information Wilderness Guide
The Williams School
New London, CT

"Today, with our powers of concentration atrophied by the staccato
communication of the Internet and attention easily diverted to addictive
entertainment on our phones and tables, book-length reading is harder
still" -- Colin Robinson