[CASL-L] Foreign language books (High school level only)

Dawn Zillich dzillich at spchs.com
Fri Nov 13 05:29:43 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

I need help finding novels written in foreign languages (specifically
French, Latin, Italian and Spanish). Does anyone have book recommendations
or suggestions for places to look for novels written in these languages
(such as Book of the Year awards, etc.) and how to select books that I can
then present to the World Languages department? I feel disadvantaged
because I can’t personally read and give an educated reader’s advisory.
Novels should not be adult or middle grade books. I’m looking for young
adult protagonists/narrators with themes/topics that are appropriate for
grades 9-12.

Thanks,

Dawn M. Zillich, librarian

St. Paul Catholic High School

Currrently listening to: The Daniel Plan by Rev. Rick Warren. God designed
our bodies to be healthy, providing everything we need to thrive and live
abundantly. And with assistance from medical and fitness experts, Pastor
Rick Warren and thousands of people from his congregation at Saddleback
Church started a journey to transform their lives. The result: 15,000
people lost over 260,000 pounds in the first year. But the changes in
people's lives went far beyond the pounds they lost. The Daniel Plan
encourages people to get healthier together by optimizing the key five
essentials of faith, food, fitness, focus, and friends.