[CASL-L] Foreign language books (High school level only)

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 05:39:09 PST 2015

Originally written in that language, or translated from English?

Follett has a way of limiting searches by language, and their listing often includes reviews, though probably of the original English-language version rather than the translation.  I'm using it now to look for versions of YA favorites (Fault in our Stars, Hunger Games, etc.) in Spanish for a transition class.  Amazon can also be searched this way.

I recommend books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon for somewhat creepy/suspenseful titles with teen protagonists originally written in Spanish but also available in English.

Cathy Andronik
Teacher Librarian
Brien McMahon HS
Norwalk