[CASL-L] audio books

Elaine Lettiere lettieree at prestonschools.org
Wed Oct 21 05:50:51 PDT 2015

I have a similar problem but with 4th graders.  In addition  to audio, the
teachers want the students to follow along with text too.  Amazon has
Whispersync on some titles and I usually go through there, but I do need to
buy multiple copies.  The other issue I have run into with multiple devices
using one text is when one reader/listener gets ahead of the rest.  Curious
to hear how other districts are managing this.

Elaine

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Cathy Andronik via CASL-L <
casl-l at mylist.net> wrote:

> Aimee,
>
> Does your public library offer Hoopla?
>
> Cathy Andronik
> Brien McMahon HS
> Norwalk, CT
> On Wed, 10/21/15, Aimee Shuhart <AimeeShuhart at westonps.org> wrote:
>
>  Subject: [CASL-L] audio books
>  To: "casl-l at mylist.net" <casl-l at mylist.net>
>  Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 8:14 AM
>

>  Good Morning,
>
>  I am looking for solutions to an
>  audio book issue.
>

>  Our 8th grade English
>  classes use a literature circle model - 8 of our special
>  education students need an audio version of the same
>  literature circle title
>   to listen to on their own device (NOT a CD.)  The idea
>  being that students could access the audio title on their
>  phone with an ear bud and inconspicuously listen to the
>  title.
>

>  I have explored Audible,
>  Overdrive, and AudioBooks.com.  Each of these is a
>  one-to-one license.  Short of purchasing 8 different
>  copies of the same audio title, what
>   other solutions exist for schools?
>
>  Many thanks in advance for any
>  advice,