[CASL-L] And so it begins -- cell phones in the school library....

Lynn Rappaport lynfo16 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 07:06:58 PDT 2015

Hi colleagues:

The age old question -- how are you handling cell phones in the school
library?
Students texting? Using them for research? Listening to music?  Is your
administration backing you up on the school policy?

How many times have you heard this: "But Miss/Mr. I am using it to do my
homework/check powerschool/text my Mom/Dad/boyfriend/girlfriend/Mickey
Mouse."

This week I heard a funny one:
 Student claimed she needed to look at her cell phone to complete one of
those "tell me about yourself" assignments teachers ask for at the
beginning of the school year.
Question: How many of you need to consult your electronic device to find
out about yourself? 😕

Just curious. It's a tough nut to crack in schools everywhere.

*Thoughts and opinions? *

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

Regards all,

Lynn